Roles are the element used to restrict what some people can do with your board processes in BoardPro.
You can also find an overview on the People's page -under Access.
We have built six common board related roles into BoardPro:
- Chairman : full access to everything in BoardPro. We could not imagine a chair would want any restrictions on them, so they can do anything.
- Administrator : 90% access to everything in BoardPro. Usually the product champion and the local, in house expert. Cannot see or access Board Only folders.
- Board secretary : 90% access to everything in BoardPro. This person may or may not be a board member, but is often the one whom tasks are delegated to. Can manage Board Only folders.
- Board Member : light restrictions in place - see the full list below.
- Senior Executive : information restrictions in place - see the full list below
- Executive / Guest : highly restricted - see the full list below
What is restricted?
The restrictions are in four main areas:
- Settings of BoardPro itself
- Being able to read and edit the agendas and minutes of meetings
- Ability to upload and download the Governance Documents
- Being able to read and edit Action items (everyone can always update the status of their action, some can update others as well).