In BoardPro, on the top navigation, click on People > People List and look for the green "+ New Person" button on the top right.
You will need to provide their name and email address, the role they have in the company (affects their permission access level in BoardPro, so check out the article on Roles and Permissions).
Secondly, you need to decide if this person is a Board Member. If they are and for them to appear on the Board Member list (as opposed to "Others") make sure to tick the Board Member box. This is found just above where you set the access level.
Finally the last thing to decide is when to invite them.
Add and Invite
If you select to "Send an invitation now" the person will be added to your organisation and they will be emailed an invitation. They must accept the invitation and complete the registration process before they can log into BoardPro.
- Invitations are valid for 1 month. If it expires, you can re-invite them by sending a new invite.
- If a person is previously registered in BoardPro (so long as it is the same email) they will be granted automatic access but will receive an email saying that have been added into the "new" organisation.
Add without Inviting
Sometimes you want to list someone in BoardPro because they regularly attend meetings, or get assigned Actions, but they don't otherwise need to access your governance portal. You can add them, but not allow them to access your organisation.
Those added (but not invited):
- Can be listed as attendees or apologies of a meeting
- Can be listed as presenters of an agenda item
- Can have Action items assigned to them
- Cannot update their own Action Items
- Cannot receive email notices or the board pack.
If you choose not to add someone now, you can always Invite People to BoardPro later by clicking on the menu icon on their row, and then click "Send Invitation".