Board members typically like to receive all the documents for an upcoming meeting all at once. Often it comes in a printed format, couriered out at significant expense.
Ideally, the board pack should be received at least 3 days before a meeting, so that they have time to read and prepare for the meeting - which means management need to have them ready about a week before the meeting. And if there are last minute changes...
BoardPro's BoardPack feature solves those issues for you. Now you can notify board members when the board pack is ready, and they can log in and download their own copy.
Generate the board pack
When the Draft Agenda is complete and published, a new option appears on the agenda and meeting pages for the board pack.
Simply click on the BoardPack icon and BoardPro will generate the board pack file, and then send you an email to let you know when it is ready. Usually takes about a minute - but it depends how many files are attached to your agenda.
Last minute edits to the Agenda
When the inevitable last minute changes to the agenda come through - such as a new topic, new paper, or an update to the financials - you can simply click on the "Edit Agenda" button on the agenda page. This will:
- Roll the agenda back to the draft agenda stage, so that you can make the changes
- Automatically delete the current board pack, as it will need to be updated to include the changes.
- When you are finished with the changes, and publish the agenda, you will be prompted to generate a new board pack, which will be up to date with the changes.
Spreadsheets and the BoardPack
Spreadsheets can be a bit tricky when converting to PDF's, because it is not always clear how the rows and columns and tabs will appear, so we have resolved this in BoardPro as follows:
- If the spreadsheet is to be read within the merged PDF board pack, convert it first to a PDF in it's native application (i.e. Excel). This way the document owner (e.g. the Finance Manager or Sales Manager) can best control how this file will appear as a PDF. The repeating rows, page width, blank tabs, etc.
- If the spreadsheet is to be kept in it's native format (i.e. not to be converted to a PDF) then attach it to the agenda item as is. The BoardPack index file will list it as one of papers for the meeting. Further, if the board member clicks on the file name, they will be able to access that file directly out of BoardPro (once they have logged in).