To edit the vote settings go to Organisation Settings --> Automation and click on Voting Automation.
From here Chairs, Admins and Board Secretaries can select:
- if you will manually set each vote outcome or
- allow BoardPro to automatically calculate the vote for you (depending upon the percentage of participating board members who support it -this is based upon your Quorum).
If turned on, BoardPro will automatically calculate the outcome of the vote when it is closed.
Notes on Abstentions, Non-Votes and Casting Votes:
- Abstentions are not counted in the total number of votes. If too many people abstain, it can affect the quorum required for a vote to be successful.
- Unless someone expressly votes against a matter, they are deemed to have supported the vote
- In the event of a tie, the chair does not have a casting vote
It is possible in certain situations that abstentions may reduce the number of participating board members so low that a quorum is no longer met.
If this occurs BoardPro will alert the minute taker.